SALEM Engineering Group, Inc. is a multi-disciplined consulting firm providing services in Geotechnical, Environmental, and Forensic Engineering; Engineering Geology; Construction Inspection; and, Materials Testing. Our experienced and highly qualified staff of engineers, geologists, environmental assessors, scientists and construction inspection professionals brings a responsive team-oriented approach to project management.
We are looking for an experienced Special Inspector/Engineering Technician. The ideal candidate will have experience in all disciplines needed but specifically concrete, masonry, structural steel, post tension and fireproofing. Inspectors will be able to perform routine field and laboratory tests and inspections on construction materials (concrete, soils, masonry, asphaltic concrete, etc.) for the purpose of verifying conformance to construction plans and specifications. We are seeking a highly motivated inspector who is capable of handling complex projects and making competent field decisions. This position will require travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Including the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Conduct field samplings, inspection and analysis,
- Perform field test using specialized instruments and field test equipment,
- Ensure testing, sampling or inspection is performed consistent with guidelines and proper standard of care,
- Prepare daily reports and data sheets, and
- Maintaining cordial relationships with coworkers, clients and contractors.
- CALTRANS certified in soils, concrete & asphalt or have the ability to obtain certification within 30 days of hire.
- 2-3 years of construction materials testing experience,
- Experience with ACI Field Grade I, Nuclear Gauge soils testing and Hot Mix Asphalt Laboratory testing,
- Keep required certifications current,
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required,
- English speaking, reading and writing required, and
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.